San Francisco Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), close to 5,000 fatal pedestrian accidents occur each year, and more than 78,000 result in serious injuries.
Pedestrian accidents almost always result in grave harm when a collision involves a car or truck.
A person, stripped of all protective devices and safeguards, is extremely vulnerable if a vehicle is involved. Walking or jogging in urban areas or simply crossing the street can actually be quite dangerous. In fact, pedestrians are even more at risk than skateboarders or cyclists, and they can face a greater risk of fatality when these accidents occur. The Anna Dubrovsky Law Group has successfully pursued many of these cases, and we possess the expertise and experience necessary to achieve the best possible outcomes from these cases.
San Francisco Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at the Anna Dubrovsky Law Group, Inc.
Have you been injured in a pedestrian accident? Or have you lost a loved one in a fatal pedestrian accident? If so, you can count on the experienced San Francisco pedestrian accident attorneys at the Anna Dubrovsky Law Group, Inc. for aggressive legal advocacy and effective help pursuing justice and compensation.
To find out more about how we can help you, contact us today by calling (415) 746-1477 or (800) 440-6313 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.
At the Anna Dubrovsky Law Group, Inc., we know that no amount of money can ever make up for suffering catastrophic injuries or even for losing a loved one. However, we also are aware that pursuing financial recovery after pedestrian accidents can be crucial to helping injured parties obtain the compensation they may need to recover and obtain some sense of justice.
Our goal is to maximize your financial recovery and bring your case to a successful resolution so that you can focus on your future.
Common Accidents Involving Pedestrians
Pedestrian accidents cause about 14 percent of the traffic accident-related deaths that occur each year in the U.S.1 One of the primary reasons that pedestrian accidents so often result in serious – if not fatal – injuries is due to the vast weight discrepancy between motor vehicles and pedestrians, which can result in catastrophic damage even when vehicles are traveling relatively slowly.
At the Anna Dubrovsky Law Group, Inc., our San Francisco pedestrian accident attorneys are dedicated to upholding injured pedestrians’ rights and holding negligent motorists accountable for hurting them. While our attorneys can help injured pedestrians figure out their best options for financial recovery, they will also work diligently and relentlessly to help accident victims obtain the best possible resolutions to their cases.
A Look at Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the most common types of pedestrian accidents include (but are not limited to):
Pedestrian accidents in crosswalks, which tend to occur when some type of motorist negligence is at play – In general, when pedestrians are within crosswalks, they have the right of way (as long as, of course, they are not crossing against the light). So, if a pedestrian accident occurs in a crosswalk, the chances are good that driver negligence was involved.
- Intersection pedestrian accidents, which can take place even when pedestrians may be on sidewalks (i.e., not within crosswalks or roadways) – Again, these types of pedestrian accidents tend to involve driver negligence (as diligent motorists would not end up on sidewalks).
- Pedestrian accidents that occur in roadways – When pedestrians are hit in roadways, determining fault can be a bit more complicated, as pedestrians may carry some liability in these situations. For instance, if a pedestrian is jaywalking and ends up being hit by a vehicle, the liability can be split between the pedestrian and motorist (though this may not be an equal split).
- Hit-and-run pedestrian accidents, which occur when motorists hit pedestrians and then flee the scene of an accident – Tragically, this is a common type of pedestrian accident, as about 1 in every 5 pedestrian accidents reportedly involves a hit-and-run.1
- Alcohol-related pedestrian accidents, which can involve intoxication on the part of motorists and/or pedestrians – In fact, research has indicated that about 48 percent of all deadly pedestrian accidents involve alcohol impairment.1
- Pedestrian accidents involving children, which tend to occur more frequently around schools and school bus stops – In fact, more than 22 percent of children (between 5 and 15) who are killed in traffic accidents were pedestrians.1
Deadly Negligence to Pedestrians
When motorists are not as careful, diligent, attentive or sober as they should be, their negligence can lead to fatal pedestrian accidents. In fact, each year in the U.S., more than 4,500 people are killed in pedestrian accidents, with driver negligence being a factor in many of these cases.1
At the Anna Dubrovsky Law Group, Inc., our experienced San Francisco pedestrian accident lawyers are committed to pursuing justice for those who have lost loved ones in fatal pedestrian accidents. We have extensive experience holding negligent motorists accountable for causing deadly pedestrian accidents, and we always work tirelessly to help our clients secure the compensation and justice they deserve.
Negligence that Can Lead to Fatal Pedestrian Accidents
Although the negligence that can result in deadly pedestrian accidents can come in various forms, most commonly, it involves:
- Drunk driving, which is a factor in about 14 percent of all fatal pedestrian accidents – Motorists who are intoxicated will have impaired judgement, perception and reaction times, all of which increase the risk of traffic accidents (including pedestrian accidents) by about 8 times (at the very least).1
- Distracted driving, which can lead to impairments that are similar to drunk driving – While distracted driving can come in various forms, one of the most prominent and problematic these days is texting while driving.
- Driving while exhausted or fatigued, which can lead to impairments that are similar to drunk driving – Although driving while fatigued can impair any motorist, it tends to be a bigger issue for commercial drivers (like truck drivers).
- Aggressive driving, which can include tailgating, speeding, etc. – When aggressive driving occurs, motorists will be increasing their risk of collision, as this type of driving behavior tends to limit opportunities to slow down/stop to avoid pedestrian accidents.
- Careless driving, which can arise when drivers simply fail to grant pedestrians’ rights-of-way, check their blind spots and/or mirrors before proceeding, etc. – Although careless driving may not specifically constitute a violation of traffic laws, it is a form of negligence that often leads to pedestrian accidents.
Deadly Negligence to Pedestrians: More Important Information
- Drivers are not the only parties who may be liable for fatal pedestrian accidents. For instance, when poor roadway conditions (like broken intersection signals) contribute to these accidents, municipalities (or the parties responsible for roadway maintenance) can also be liable.
- There are strict time limits for filing pedestrian accident claims in the state of California, and waiting too long could prevent you from being able to obtain the compensation you may deserve after a pedestrian accident.
- Although no amount of compensation can ever make up for the loss of a loved one, pursuing a case can provide families with the financial support they may need to put their loved one to rest and focus on their recovery. It can also be pivotal to providing families who have lost a loved one in a fatal pedestrian accident with some sense of justice and closure.
1: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
When you trust our San Francisco pedestrian accident lawyers to represent you, you can be confident that you will receive:
- A clear explanation of your rights and best options for proceeding
- Honest answers about your case
- Personalized legal services
- The highest quality representation
- Experienced help bringing your case to a successful resolution.