Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip, trip and fall accidents are very common and can result in serious injuries. In fact, the National Floor Safety Institute reports that these types of accidents cause 2.2 million Americans to seek emergency care annually.
The primary cause of these accidents is the negligent management of both private and commercial property. Those responsible for places such as apartment buildings, schools, hotels, shopping malls, supermarkets, government buildings, steps, sidewalks and parking lots have an obligation to make sure their spaces are well maintained and safe for the public. The law requires proper maintenance, warning of hazards and professional repairs on both private and public property. Property owners, property managers and commercial business owners should be held responsible and are financially liable if they fail to comply with safety standards.
Examples of Negligence of a Responsible Party Include:
- Failing to provide adequate warnings about a slippery floor that is being (or has recently been) polished, cleaned or waxed. Signs should be posted warning people about hazardous conditions, and the dangerous area should be closed off.
- Cleaning the floor at an inappropriate or busy time.
- Cleaning the floor irresponsibly by using too much soap or water or leaving it wet for a long period of time
- Failing to clean up spilled liquids or food
- Failing to post proper warnings about spills after a reasonable amount of time has passed since a responsible party has been made aware of such an occurrence
- Failing to keep flooring and carpeting in a reasonably safe condition
- Failing maintain stairwells
- Failing to provide adequate lighting
- Failing to repair large cracks in the sidewalk, damaged steps, uneven surfaces and holes.
- Failing to maintain equipment, such as automatic doors, elevators or escalators.
Since many slip and fall accidents are considered to be”frivolous” or “unfounded,” having an experienced attorney assisting the investigation and presentation of case is essential. The San Francisco premises liability attorneys at Anna Dubrovsky Law Group will skillfully represent clients who have been injured due to a slip, trip or fall situation, and they will fight for the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses. We gather incident, accident and police reports, as well as medical records. Our attorneys will also conduct interviews with witnesses and medical professionals, such as emergency responders, nurses, doctors, and therapists. We will present a thoroughly researched and persuasive case, pooling on our vast resources and experience to bring your case to the best possible resolution.
please contact us at (415) 746-1477 | (800)440-6313